Yes, you can claim for pothole damage, but you’ll need to make a note of the road it happened on, as well as what the damage was and the date and time it occurred.

It’s best recommended to make a note of your whereabouts on the road you were driving on (using a nearby marker post or landmark/feature). If you were on a motorway, it’ll help to know how far along the road you were, and the direction you were travelling in. Alternatively, you can use what3words for a precise marking of a location.

Further guidance can be found on the AA Website: